Highlight: reporting process launched
The secretariat's launch on 20 March of the revised reporting tools for affected and developed countries marks the start of the 2012-2013 reporting cycle.
The six month reporting period ends
21 September 2012 .
Welcome to the PRAIS portal, the UNCCD online reporting tool
This portal allows UNCCD country Parties and other reporting entities, through their authorized reporting officers, to communicate information required for the performance review and assessment of implementation (PRAIS) process.
In addition, the portal also provides the following features:
- Access to an online tool for stakeholders to query the database of reports submitted by Parties and their development partners;
- Highlights, in form of info-graphics, on the first indicator-based review undertaken by the CRIC in 2011;
- Information on the performance review relating to the Convention's institutions and subsidiary bodies
The portal operates in the six official languages of the United Nations, and PRAIS authorized users may submit information in any of these languages. A multilingual glossary of the terminology used in the reporting process, a user manual and a helpdesk option are also available on-line.
Depending on the type of reporting entity and its corresponding reporting obligation, the on-line template contains one or more of the following sections:
- Performance indicators on operational objectives of the Strategy
- Impact indicators on strategic objectives of the Strategy (to be developed after COP 10)
- Standard Financial Annex (SFA) and Programme and Project Sheet (PPS)
- Best practices
- Additional information relating to COP decisions, the reporting process etc.
The relevant sections of the portal contain references to the glossary, concerning methodological matters and the reporting templates. For questions on the use of facilities please contact email@example.com.